Thursday, October 18, 2007

Baby Nylon Headbands with Bows



This is my new item that I have finally figured out to make! It's a baby headband that is made out of nylon. It is super soft and stretchy and stretches as your baby grows. This one is in black and orange for Halloween. Turned out pretty cute..I think! The headband is in black and main bow is black as well. Top bow is a sheer orange and center is black. All the ends are sealed so they don't fray. I always try to share with girls that wear bow or ribbon..."you can make it stop fraying by using a lighter on the ends". They usually look at me like...."really?!" It really does work though! Anyway, I just started working with organza or sheer ribbon and have decided I really like it. I think with the baby headbands, it makes the bow a little softer and sweeter. I did an all white one and, let me tell you, I think it is beautiful! Don't know what it is about all white, but it just looks simple and beautiful. I think about a baby taking a picture in a Christening gown. A baby sleeping in her heirloom gown with the all white, soft and silky headband on. She looks so precious! Then the water hits her forehead and the picture fades :) Baby is unhappy and just wants to go back to sleep!! I'm off for now but will keep you updated with anything new I come up with ~ Lollie

No comments: